Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Teh perfect homepage

I use iGoogle as my homepage both at work and at home. There are a ton of features which I love, and after a long search, I think I’ve finally perfected it. I highly recommend creating your own!
The features I have on my iGoogle page are: Gmail and quotes of the day (these are the two features I use/enjoy the most). I also have movie ratings and times, cnn.com headlines, links to dictionary.com and Wikipedia, weather updates, and Google translate which is like Babelfish, only on my homepage.

But the feature which I have been working on for months and finally “perfected” was the theme of my homepage. The theme is the background imagery and the colors of the link on the homepage. I was using their default theme for a while, which basically just changed colors over the course of the day. It was nice but pretty tame. Then I switched to “theme of the day” which would give me a new theme each day. That was cool, but there were too many lame themes that would show up. Things like “Faith Hill theme” which was just different pictures of Faith Hill, or “Gucci theme” which was just pictures of skinny women were of no interest to me. But it opened my eyes at least to the variety of themes available. So I did a search and found “WWF theme” which is brought to us by the world wildlife foundation. Sounds cool, but honestly they really didn’t have a lot of wildlife pictures that I liked. But today I found the “Sierra Club theme.” Brilliant! The pictures are amazing and they switch out for new ones every few hours! I could stare at my home page all day now J.

What homepages do you have and can you beat mine? (I know that cute animals are impossible to beat, but maybe you can at least come close.)

2 comments:

GnightMoon said...

Babelfish - what a lifesaver.

TheGraveWolf said...

When was the last time you needed to use Babelfish bud?

It got me through my required 100 level spanish course - with an insane amount of bad grammar. Always had to get that shit proofread.