Monday, February 02, 2009

Best sports weekend ever?

This weekend there was the Australian Open final with an epic match of Nadal v. Federer, hands-down the best active men's tennis players. Also showing an excellent Superbowl (my 2nd favorite, I still thought the Giants/Patriots was more exciting), a UFC fight which included a championship match, and a Duke basketball game. Granted it wasn't against a very good team (Virginia) which is why it falls so low on the list.

Excluding the Olympics, I think it's hard to find a more exciting weekend for sports-lovers. Personally I think this weekend was created just for me. The only thing missing was a curling match and darts tourney.

4 comments:

TheGraveWolf said...

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTYYYYYY!!!!!!!

GnightMoon said...

I was wrong about the last Agassi/Sampras match being in 2005. That was when Agassi played Federer in the US Open final. Anyways, that was a huge sports weekend with that going on as well as NFL games, college football games, and the baseball stretch run.

TheGraveWolf said...

I don't think college football pulls much weight in Michal's definition of Best Sports Weekend Ever.

PunkyPickett said...

Agreed.