Friday, August 11, 2006

Pickett's back... back again...

I'm a huge slacker in the blog department, and out of a serious and legitimate fear that the Bag will throw me off his site, I've decided to start this up again. We'll see how long it lasts until I turn slacker again, but I'll try!!

Things have just been crazy in my life right now. I work at a job where I get paid very little although I believe in the mission and cause of the organization, and then watch my friend make millions in a poker tournament. More impressive to me (although it's hard to beat being a millionaire!) is that he got a sponsorship and can now play in any tournament anywhere pretty much for free. That sounds like a dream to me-- seeing the world, playing poker, eating good food, having the time of your life, and all on someone else's dime. Could it get any better than that?

I've also found that the job I have now isn't really challenging me that much anymore. I'm considering a career change, although i want to at least work through this winter to finish off some projects I've started. It feels like everyone I know right now is playing poker for a living, and I actually considered doing that for a very short moment, but I don't know if I have what it takes to do it professionally. What else interests me career-wise? I don't know, but if anyone has any good ideas, let me know.

Maybe I should be a pro softball player!! Just kidding, but I'm on a slow pitch team, and we've made the play-offs. We had a double-header yesterday and I hit my first-ever homerun! Hopefully, with many more to come. Our team is awesome, and we made the semi-finals. Hopefully the streak will continue and we'll be be crowned champions. Which is nothing to scoff at when our league has almost 25 teams!

I'm at work right now, so I'm going to close this out before anyone catches me. The slacker in me will never die (clearly) but hopefully I'll move my slack into the workplace and out of the blogosphere.

1 comment:

Lazypoo87 said...

:). Don't you love how life is full of unpredictability? You can do anything you want if you try hard enough. Managing time is probably the hardest thing for us to do. Gl