Monday, September 11, 2006

Weird Hand

Since Bag mentioned it I might as well give the details. I was in the $33 250 max tourney with 3 people left and there was this really terrible player at the table. Most of the hands we'd seen him play he won from sucking out, and basically got pretty lucky to even make the final table. The stacks were pretty even and I'd position raised a couple of times and he'd min-reraised and since I didn't know what that meant I folded. This happened a few times until I had QJo on the button. I raise, he typically min-reraises and I call. The flop is 9 high and he bets the minimum into me. My thought are immediately "no pair, no ace" and I shove. He thinks for about 5 seconds and calls. He has KJ. High card K and he called for almost all of his chips. I get no help and he knocks me out. Neither the Wolf, Bag, nor I have any real idea of what was going on in his head when this happened, but it was pretty sad because coming in 3rd made me $550, but coming in 1st would've been $1700.

No comments: