Wednesday, September 20, 2006

TV's Top Picks

Shows are premiering again and considering how much I love TV I think it's time for my top 10 picks:

10. Jericho-- I don't know a whole lot about this new series except that it's set in a post-apocalyptic America. It has a semi-big name or two (Skeet Ulrich) and who doesn't like disaster shows? It's premiering tonight (9/20) so I'll have to get back to you on how it really turns out.

9. Grey's Anatomy-- although the season ender pretty much sucked, I'm still looking forward to the new season. I think the characters are really compelling and none of them are 100% loveable. There are skeletons in the closet, there are slutty people with hearts, and while the plots may be melodramatic, at least the people seem real.

8. NFL-- I'm turning into a guy, it's sad. But sitting around watching football all day has turned into a Sunday tradition. It's nice because you watch, but can do other stuff at the same time. It's low concentration tv.

7. Battlestar Gallactica-- we're still catching up on seasons 2 and 3 but they were awesome, and I hope we finish them in time to be able to watch season 4 on tv. This is definitely a suck-you-in show and I hope that it keeps up.

6. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip-- I actually missed the first episode but this is the new series that I'm the most excited about. I love the stars Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford, and Aaron Sorkin wrote the West Wing and the American President which are just fantastic. I have really high expectations and think it would actually be higher in my list if I actually knew anything beyond what I just wrote.

5. Amazing Race-- never seen it before this season, but I already like it. I especially like my ponies Duke and Lauren, the lesbian and disapproving father. My money's on them to at least finish in the top 3 if not win the whole thing.

4. Real World Road Rules Challenge: The Duel-- or as my mother likes to call it, "worse than trash." I read a little trivia on it and I'm pretty excited. It's set in Brazil, it's got some of the Fresh Meat kids back like Kenny, Eric (the fat guy), and Casey as well as Tyler and John from Key West, and the usuals like Tina, Wes, CT, and Beth. I think it will live up to RW/RR name by being trashy, bitchy, and violent. And if you're watching it for anything else you'll be very disappointed.

3. The Office-- I can't help it. I want to know if Jim and Pam will get together! But seriously, what a good show.

2. Survivor 13: Cook Islands-- one episode so far and I already think it's better than many of the most recent seasons. I think dividing the tribes up by race is not only a great publicity stunt but also a great way to disprove so many stereotypes that are out there today. I don't think CBS would dare spin the show towards the stereotypes without fear of being sued, so I think they will show a deeper side to it instead.

1. Friends-- so what if the series is over? It's still going to be the show that I watch the most. I might do a full cycle again before the end of 2006.

1 comment:

GnightMoon said...

Keep me posted on Jericho, sounds intriguing.