Friday, December 04, 2009

Survivor Samoa

Last night's episode of Survivor was another good one. The blindsides keep on coming, and I hope they continue! It's been awhile since I've posted, so let's get right to the standings:

Evil 'Box (72 pts):
1. Evil Russell (32 pts)
[2. Erik (32 pts)]
3. Shambo (8 pts)

Cutesiness (53 pts):
1. Monica (12 pts)
2. Mick (9 pts)
[3. Laura (32 pts)]

Pizza Place (45 points):
[1. John (28 pts)]
2. Brett (14 pts)
[3. Ashley (3 pts)]

Goody Two-Shoes (28 pts):
[1. Good Russell (5 pts)]
[2. Liz (3 pts)]
[3. Kelly (20 pts)]

Dachui (26 pts):
1. Jaison (9 pts)
2. Dave (12 pts)
3. Natalie (5 pts)

Power Rankings:
1. Evil 'Box: Bag's team is running away with the game at this point. If Shambo doesn't make top 3 after the lunacy she showed last night I'd be surprised. I think the only way she doesn't make top 3 is if someone stupid took control of the game (e.g. Monica) and voted her out out of spite. Evil Russ's hold on the others is nearly complete. Previews for next week indicate that Jaison and Mick finally realize they need to take him out, but I don't think that either of them actually have the moves to outplay the master. We'll see though...

2. Dachui: This last episode was great for Dachui because not a lot of points were won, but they got a chunk of them! Plus, they're still sitting strong with 3 players despite a close call with Dave. Jaison is thinking and strategizing, which I really appreciate. But he's prone to inaction most of the time, which could cost him the game. Dave - well, Dave is turning into a huge disappointment for me. I'd really like to see this guy try and make some moves! But what I really want to know is, how did that chicken end up tasting? No one ever showed the results of the 2 hour boil! If any team can take down the Evil 'Box, it's this one. Dachui has enough players that they can hopefully start pulling in a lot of points, and even get one or two players into the top 3. I hope Natalie is one of them, she's really winning me over!

3. Cutesiness: Moon informed me last night that he's no longer rooting for his own team. Hurrah, welcome to the club! Monica and Mick are in my eyes basically the same player. They ride coat-tails, don't help a lot with the challenges or strategizing, and generally annoy me. I think that it is impossible that either of them could get enough votes to win - unless they were going up against each other.

4. Pizza Place: Doug's team is all but gone, with only the ghost, Brett, left. I honestly cannot remember a player more overlooked by the TV crews and the other players in the game than this guy. And he's lost what little alliance he may have had when John got voted out. While John may be some brainy rocket scientist, he actually turned out to be pretty dumb when dealing with other people. He was in a hugely vulnerable position and then went to Evil Russ trying to get Mick voted out! I know they made that deal before, but he should have realized that deals like that are made to be broken. It was like watching a sheep try to tell the wolf stalking it what to do.

5. Goody Two-Shoes: I'm STILL ahead of Dachui, lol.


The Future?
With only 8 people left, it's really getting crucial that the players start to strategize about who they are hoping to take to the finals with them. Who can beat who in jury votes? I think it's pretty clear at this point that Russell would beat everyone else. The only upset I could see was if Dave made the finals and the old Galu alliance outweighed the "outwitting, outlasting, outplaying" aspect of the vote.

If Russ doesn't make it to the final 3, I think the next most likely would be Jaison then Natalie. I think that Natalie would probably have the edge over Jaison initially if they went to the finals together, but that Jaison would win in the end because he seems like a better orator.

So if Russ, Jaison, or Natalie makes the final 3 I think they'd win, with Dark Horse Dave being the spoiler. If none of them do, which seems pretty unlikely, it would be more of a "who's not the absolute worst?" tribal council than anything else. Then the victory would probably go to whoever orchestrated the overthrow, although I could see Eric and Russell voting for Shambo out of spite.

Individual Power Rankings:
1. Evil Russell (1)
2. Jaison (2)
3. Natalie (5)
4. Dave (3)
5. Mick (4)
6. Brett (6)
7. Monica (8)
8. Shambo (9)
9. John (7)

7 comments:

bandbrcu said...

While all hope and respect is lost for the Dachui Rookie team, i think its appropriate to talk any trash when we can ... so.

I just want to highlight the fact that not only does Dachui have all three players still in the running (not that they do ANY to get points for Dachui) but they also were the last three players fighting in immunity challenge. Evil Russel called it quits early and crazy Shambo couldn't rally all of the Gods to pull her through the challenge. Oh yea, let's not forget about her spiritual intuition that Doug was going home ... not yet Shambo!

I can hear the underdog chant now ... Dachui! Dachui! Dachui!

Doug said...

Richui, you have DAVE on your team. Shambo thought DAVE was going home. I am not in Survivor, just playing the survivor pool with everyone.

(Is it just me or do these rookies still not know how this thing works after 12 episodes...)

Sing it again, Rooks!

TheGraveWolf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheGraveWolf said...

I would play Survivor fantasy if S. Doug made it to the island.

Margot said...

PP--I'm impressed that you predicted that John would be voted out this week...but ironically it wasn't by the group or for the reason you thought! I, too, wondered what those stupid chickens tasted like after 2 hours of boiling away. I'm also enjoying Evil Russell much more now and am very impressed with Natalie. How is that little bitty thing that strong?? Jaison has definitely started looking smarter...and I wonder if his fears about alienating Shambo will come true. Maybe Russell will be able to charm her and assuage her anger.

PunkyPickett said...

E. Russ probably thinks he can calm her down... and he's probably right, but was it really worth the risk? Dachui makes a good point about Russell bailing early from the challenge. I keep thinking that Russ will be a threat in challenges because he's so physical, but really he doesn't try that hard in challenges. He's almost never on a team that wins, and he hasn't one an individual challenge yet. I wonder if he will when it really starts to count, i.e. final 3-4 challenges

GnightMoon said...

Desperate trash talk from a desperate Dachui team falls on deaf veteran ears.