Friday, December 11, 2009

Survivor Samoa - the gap closes... a little

I was a little disappointed in this last episode because there was no blindside, and there certainly was an opportunity for it! It's the first non-blindside episode in a really long time, and I really missed that element.

I'm happy that Dave got sent home for three reasons: 1. he was disturbingly thin and probably needed a decent meal more than anyone else, 2. his performance has been disappointing for a few weeks now and I'd lost all hope that he was actually a good strategist, and 3. we got a chance to see his CRAZY hair when he came in as a jury member.

I appreciated that Monica tried to stir the pot a little bit, but she did it in all the wrong ways. She tried to bargain and deal with the exact person she should have been plotting against. Even so, at least she was daring enough to actually try something, unlike Dave. Although her suggestion that Shambo would win Galu votes on the jury was laughable. I do hope she lives up to her promise though of spreading seeds of poison throughout the other jury members to try and stop Russ from winning. I don't think she'll succeed, but I can't wait for Monica's to say at final tribal: "Raise your hand if you're a millionaire."

Current Standings:
Evil 'Box (72 pts):
1. Evil Russell (32 pts)
[2. Erik (32 pts)]
3. Shambo (8 pts)

Cutesiness (63 pts):
[1. Monica (22 pts)]
2. Mick (9 pts)
[3. Laura (32 pts)]

Pizza Place (51 points):
[1. John (28 pts)]
2. Brett (20 pts)
[3. Ashley (3 pts)]

Dachui (42 pts):
1. Jaison (15 pts)
[2. Dave (22 pts)]
3. Natalie (5 pts)
Goody Two-Shoes (28 pts):
[1. Good Russell (5 pts)]
[2. Liz (3 pts)]
[3. Kelly (20 pts)]

Power Rankings:
1. Evil 'Box: Bag's still sitting pretty. The only negative to last week's episode was that his team was the only one that didn't bring in any points (except mine, but that's nothing new). But Russell and Shambo are still going strong, and still have a healthy lead. Their relationship is completely ridiculous though. They remind me of Pinky & the Brain: one's an evil and conniving genius, and the other is stupid and says things that are absolutely ridiculous.

Russell: "Shambo, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Shambo: "I think so Russell, but I'm just not sure I can interpret the chickens' prophetic dreams now that they're dead."

2. Dachui: Dachui has lost a player, but it was their most useless one, so I still think all is well and good with them. More importantly, Natalie and Jaison are both threats when it comes to challenges, unlike Russell and Shambo who really suck at them (a topic I'd get into if I had more time). This means they should be able to close that points gap even more over the last two episodes (hopefully) to make them competitive with Evil 'Box. It's a long shot for sure, but I'm cheering you on, Dachui!

3. Cutesiness: Monica is gone... Moon's #1 pick. We watched the show together last night and when she was voted off, he admitted being happy to see her leave. He said that having her on his team was an embarrassment. I'd like to take this opportunity to go back in time and revisit some of his comments from the night of our picks. He asked me to post my list of players in the order I'd ranked them because he thought they were so ridiculous. I believe he said something along the lines of, "we need to have this on record so you can see how bad your picks are by the end of the season." Well, Moon, here are my top 5 picks: Jaison, Good Russell, Evil Russell, Liz, and Mick. 3 out of the 5 are still in the game (unfortunately the other 2 were my picks). And as I said in that blog: "Moon laughed at these rankings, but I think he'll be sorry he did that later... Only time will tell..."

4. Pizza Place: Brett - wow, he actually spoke, won a challenge, even did some strategizing! He IS real! I was starting to be concerned that he'd make final 3 just because no one ever voted him off because they forgot he was there. But he went and made himself worth noticing and now seems to be Evil Russ's primary target for the next vote. Sorry Doug.

5. Goody Two-Shoes: Dachui finally has more points than me. Sigh.

Individual Power Rankings:
1. Evil Russell (1)
2. Mick (5)
3. Natalie (3)
4. Jaison (2)
5. Brett (6)
6. Shambo (8)
7. Monica (7)
8. Dave (4)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Pickle, the Pinky and the Brain dialog MAKES my day!! I even have the theme song stuck in my head.

Laura deserves a new name - Evil Eyes. She's got this 80s side hair going on that only makes her death stares more evil.

Dave definitely was a disappointment, though I LOVE the crazy hair. I think Bob has ruined me when it comes to tall, skinny, bookish looking guys. He totally wins the award for needing a cheeseburger the most.

Three more weeks. This should be interesting...

GnightMoon said...

Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?

The same thing I do every night, Pinky - pwn a bunch of n00bs in Survivor.

GnightMoon said...

"Three more weeks." What a n00b comment.

PunkyPickett said...

Gotta say that the smack talk coming from rooks and vets alike has been pretty weak this season. If I was gonna do survivor grades, you'd all probably get a D+

courtney said...

michal, if you had let me into the mix you know there'd be some major smack talk! :P

courtney said...

and speaking of smack talk....i believe my predictions from several weeks ago right after the merge are coming true....who wants to buy me an ice cream? 0:)

PunkyPickett said...

These were your predictions:
#1 Dachui
#2 Cutesiness
#3 Evil Box
#4 Pizza Place
#5 Goody Two-Shoes

While I am obviously coming in last, and I wouldn't be suprised with a 4th place finish for Pizza Place, I think it's highly unlikely that Evil 'Box would get beaten by 2 teams. His points total is too high and there just aren't enough points to win with just two episodes left. But I guess we'll see!

Bag said...

I am considering this an upward movement for Shambo in the power rankings.

courtney said...

you are right michal. i thought i had written my predictions on who the top 3 people would be (russ, blondie, and mick), but i guess i just wrote y'alls team names. i need to figure out your scoring system it appears...

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ohydozar.kogaryu.com/romulizy.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money