Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Good Communication

A couple of my co-workers went to a "good communication" seminar, and they relayed what they learned to us in a meeting this morning. One thing that really caught my attention was this fact: only 25% of what is communicated by the speaker is actually received by the listener. So my question is, if they only got 25% of the info from their session, and I'm only getting 25% of the info they're telling me, how much am I honestly getting out of this meeting?

3 comments:

TheGraveWolf said...

Hahahaah good point. Wait, what was that stat again?

Craig said...

6.25%. I know I'm a big enough dork to actually whip out the calculator and find out. Please don't steal my pocket protector.

Bag said...

If that stat is for communication between two average people, imagine the amount that is lost when Kwicky is involved. He single-handedly drops the average percentage from 30% to 25%.