Monday, July 20, 2009

Holy bananas!

George RR Martin just posted on his blog that they've got Sean Bean cast as Eddard Stark for HBO's Game of Thrones pilot! Check it out here: http://grrm.livejournal.com/. I'm also really excited about their cast for King Robert (this guy's got "loud and drunk" written all over him and I thought he was great in A Knight's Tale) and for their choice of an "intense" unknown for Jon Snow. But getting Sean Bean attached to this project makes it feel like it's got a whole lot more weight and authenticity behind it now. (Peter Dinklage was previously cast as Tyrion... also exciting, but it's old news.) I can't wait to see who's announced next!

2 comments:

GnightMoon said...

I have no clue why I didn't think of Dinklage for Tyrion - unbelievably obvious and perfect choice. Loved the Station Agent. Sean Bean is a very solid actor of course, though I don't know if he fits that well for Ned.

PunkyPickett said...

Agreed, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.