Monday, January 26, 2009

The Bad outweighs the Good

Top 11 reasons I hate winter:
  1. It’s COLD!
  2. It’s dark over half the time
  3. When it snows it smells like cow poo in Boulder
  4. Driving is more dangerous
  5. I eat more and exercise less
  6. The wind is unbearable
  7. I can’t play any of the outdoor games I like
  8. Dressing in layers is a pain in the ass
  9. I get sick a lot
  10. There are no holidays to look forward to after MLK Jr. Day for almost 4 months
  11. Wintry mix- what the hell is that??

Top 7 reasons I like winter:

  1. Snow is pretty
  2. Bowling league
  3. Wood fires in our fireplace
  4. Snuggling under our big warm comforter
  5. Christmas/Hanukkah
  6. Australian Open
  7. At least I know that spring is coming soon!

8 comments:

81Trucolors said...

Nanuk says drink more whiskey in winter.

KermyFrag said...

I say..Drink more of any alcoholic beverage! We humans lack the ability to "hibernate" like some mammals, so we need to artificially hibernate with booze! ;) It's how Mother Nature intended it!

Nappy said...

I hate the winter, I've thought about migrating south to live a winter-less life

Bag said...

Don't you mean winter-less of life?

GnightMoon said...

It smells like cow poop when it snows?

TheGraveWolf said...

Yeah it stinks like manure everytime. Any other Boulderites care to ring in?

Bag said...

Moon's scent must be overwhelming it in the South Boulder area.

Wayner said...

Punky - I was surprised not to see the number one reason to like winter on your list...College (and more specifically Duke) Basketball!