Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wedding themes?

One of the first questions (after when is the wedding) tends to be "have you picked your colors yet?" Taken out of context, this question makes almost no sense. But in true wedding tradition, most couples have colors matched through their whole wedding. From the invitations to the website down to the napkins at the reception the colors are the same. Some people even pick a theme for their wedding. The more extreme versions of this include Star Wars themed weddings or medieval renaissance weddings. More likely though the theme would be winter, fall, waterlilies... you get the idea.

The question I now pose to you, faithful reader, (okay, I stole that from Stephen King but I always love it because it feels like he's talking directly to me. What a nice guy!) is what do you think our wedding theme should be?

7 comments:

GnightMoon said...

Stephen King theme - blood, psychological manipulation, demonic influences, etc.

KermyFrag said...

Maybe the theme could come from a book that both you and Ben really like! Since you guys are the biggest book worms I think I have ever met, it would be pretty fitting :)

Bag said...

Harry Potter imo. Wolf is hairy and you like to plant things on your deck; it works on so many levels. Can I be the Sorcerer's bone?

TheGraveWolf said...

You can be the rag that I wipe my sorcerer's bone with.

Bag said...

I'd be honored.

Anonymous said...

I've often seen it the case that weddings take their theme from their surroundings. For example, a D&D wedding would would not fit well in a church.

So.... where do you want to get married?



Since you two met at a sleepover party perhaps the wedding could be a night time theme. Night time is the right time...

Anonymous said...

Interesting wedding theme idea!! Like it!!