Thursday, January 31, 2008

ASOIAF Casting: Part II

Now for the "good guys," the Starks. This was my favorite House to pick, although they were also the hardest. I have a very specific idea of what they should look like. However, I think I've been very successful (if I do say so myself).


On a side note, how hot would the real children of Clive Owen and Cate Blanchett be? Wowza!

And I know that Brienne of Tarth isn't a Stark, but she was tied to Catelyn for a while, so I figured I'd just stick her in here.

Starks and Associates:

Ned Stark: Clive Owen
Benjen Stark: Ryan Gosling
Brandon Stark: Christian Bale
Catelyn Stark: Cate Blanchett
Robb Stark: Michael Anganaro (who you might recognize as the young William from Almost Famous )


Sansa Stark: Hayden Panitierre
Arya Stark: Hannah Marks
Bran Stark: Cayden Boyd
Rickon Stark: Spencer Fox
Lyanna Stark: Eva Green
Maester Luwin: Dan Futterman (seen in The Birdcage and A Mighty Heart)
Rodrik Cassel: Donald Sutherland
Roose Bolton: Kevin Spacey



Ramsey Bolton: Topher Grace (picked solely for his creepy resemblance in facial expressions to Kevin Spacey)




Old Nan: Maggie Smith
Hodor: Tyler Mane (seen as Saber Tooth, from X-Men)
Meera Reed: Jena Malone
Jojen Reed: Liam Aiken
Brienne of Tarth: Charlize Theron (think North Country)
Jory: Adam Baldwin (obviously the man has to be in here, and maybe one of the real Baldwins too...)

14 comments:

GnightMoon said...

What is the budget on this?

PunkyPickett said...

One hundred billion fantasy dollars

TheGraveWolf said...

Charlize Theron also think Monster. Arya is a great pick. As are most in this section. The only one I wasn't nodding my head too immediately was Sansa. Definitely a tough one to pick - the girl you chose didn't have the eyes I imagined for Sansa. Rodrik was probably my favorite pick here.

PunkyPickett said...

Sansa was by far the hardest. She's such a complex character, and at a difficult age for good actors. I was actually reading about this other girl-- after I posted this, unfortunately-- Rachel Hurd-Wood. She was Wendy in the latest Peter Pan movie, and can actually do the red-head thing pretty well: http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/56103147.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE2EF0C8584F315F59A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Anonymous said...

I dont like the picks for sansa or arya too much. That looks like a good Arya in the pic you posted, but look at other pics of her on google, she has more of a round face and pretty girl look. Also remember, in the first book, both girls are young. Your pick for Sansa is an older model and the one for Arya is 15. It just wouldn't work out.

Alaris said...

What about Adrian Paul as Ser Eddard Stark?

Anonymous said...

I love your Stark family, I so wish this was a huge film production and this could be the line up. I love Cate Blanchett as Catelynn and Ryan Gosling as Benjen. Hayden is too old to be Sansa in my opinion. Christian Bale would be a good Brandon, but I could see him as Benjen too. I don't know why but my reason is his eyes seem Benjen-ish to me. That kid for Bran fits well and the girl for Meera would be good too.

Unknown said...

Clive Owen for Ned Stark - no way man. Also the Boltons and some other characters don't fit. However - Meera Reed is great!

Anonymous said...

Well, first... I think that Charlize Theron is a bit too beautiful to be Brienne. You haven't chosen anyone for Jaime and Cersei, though. What about them? Both the guy you chose for Robb and maester Luwin are too young. However, I love the choice for Catelyn, Arya, Ser Rodrik, Roose Bolton, Brandon and Benjen Stark. Maybe you should switch the last two... Hayden shouldn't be Sansa, to be sure. And one last complain... There's no one for Jon, my favorite male character by far! All the other choices are good. Really good.

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I saw Christian Bale. All I could imagine is him freaking out on the set...

I liked Arya in the picture they posted here, so with the right hair/makeup I think she'll really look the part! I wasn't so set on Sansa but she might do a good job...

Anyways, most of the cast look pretty good! I really like Bran and Jojen Reed too. But, where's Jon? xD

GnightMoon said...

Cate Blanchett as Catelyn is perfect.

Anonymous said...

You guys are crazy, Claire is perfect for Sansa. Although, maybe a little too old.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see jon snow up on that list

Anonymous said...

Wow what a terrible list.